Followers

Tuesday 22 May 2018

Steampunk

Good Morning everyone, i hope you had a good weekend. 

Today im sharing my first post after being invited to join the design team for 
the cardz4guyz challenge blog.  As most of you know i make alot of male cards so quite enjoy making them.  

The theme this fortnight is

Science-Fiction Or Steampunk

both are a bit of a challenge for me, after searching all my stash I found these steampunk digi images as the starting point. 


7x7 White cardblank.  I first designed the background using serif craft artist & the digi kit by daisytrail 'Steampunk Emporium'  I cut this into a square and mounted onto Navy blue cardstock and then the base.

 I then printed the crow off twice and decoupaged him, i added a die cut hat and some glossy accents to him.  I die cut cogs from silver mirror card and added a touch of blue paint to them, to tone down the silver and tie in with the blue in the crow.  A couple of bolts cut from orange mirror card, these i used a permanent pen on to tone the colour down, add the pen wait a little for it to start drying and then rub off - gives a nice aged effect on mirror card. 

I added a metal word band with screw top brads to finish.  It says ; 
'Possibility begins with imagination'



A close up.

Items Used:
Serif Craft Artist
Daisytrail 'Steampunk emporium' (discontinued)
Cheerylynn cog dies
Spellbinders 'nuts & bolts' die S2-288
Hat die - unknown 
Tim Holtz ideology word band
Screw top brads
Glossy Accents


So if you fancy joining in and see what the rest of the design team and entrants come up with do hop over to cardz4guyz 

Thank you for stopping by, i hope you all have a good week and the sun shines on you all. Emma

20 comments:

Babs said...

Hi Emma
You have done brilliantly what a great card, I love the steampunk bird he looks fantastic, fab embellishments, love it..
Hugs Babs x

Alison59 said...

Steampunk isn't my "thing" but this is fabulous Emma, well done :-)

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wonderful card Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Nataliascraft said...

What a brilliant male card Emma, fab design and love the details on the cogs and bolts x

Jean S said...

What a brilliant card Emma,! Whoever get it will lov it xxx

Jean S said...

What a brilliant card Emma,! Whoever get it will lov it xxx

Pam said...

Congratulations on being invited to be on the Design Team, so pleased your talent is being recognised. This would be an impossible challenge for me but as usual you have risen to the challenge and produced perfection. Well done.
Pam xx

ALI said...

It may have been a challenge Emma but you stepped up beautifully!

meg said...

Brilliant make, love all the embellishments

gwen70 said...

Brilliant card Emma xx

Dawn Phillips said...

Awesome card Emma. I wouldn't know where to start with steampunk. Welcome to the DT. Love Dawn x

Kate Jeffery said...

fantastic card Emma
Kate x

Diane said...

I adores Steampunk designs and you did a fabulous job Emma.

Hugs Diane

Denise Fletcher said...

Fabulous card Emma! LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

Firstly Congratulations Emma on being invited to join the DT and secondly love the super card you came up with.Well done you. Jacqui x

ALI said...

Emma I can see your new post on my sidebar but when I click I'm back to your steampunk...very weird...lol

StephW said...

Such a super steampunk card with lots of interesting items to catch your eye ... congrats, you will be a busy busy crafter with another challenge DT job ... oh and I've just noticed your Craft Stamper Top 3 badge too, well done! Steph x

EmmaT said...

Thank you Steph, im doing well with my crafty new years resolutions and enjoying the challenges. Emmax

Kirsty Long said...

Fantastic steampunk card Emma, loving the bird. Congratulations on getting another DT job, you deserve it. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Kathy P said...

Fabulous card, congratulations on being invited to join another design team, so deserved hugs Kathy xx