Followers

Monday 17 April 2017

Make My Monday #44 - Embossing

Good Morning everyone, I hope you are enjoying the Easter Weekend.

So today is a new challenge over at Make My Monday, the theme is embossing, for more details and to look at all the design teams makes follow this link


The first thing that came to my mind seeing it was embossing was all those 'core'dination' pads i had in the cupboard, so i dug out my favourite of them, the 'chocolate box' these are all shades of chocolate with a coloured core once embossed and sanded back. 

So i dug out a mix of embossed folders with smaller patterns and had fun



A5 ivory cardblank.   I first cut several octogens from the chocolate core'dinations, embossed them and sanded back to reveal the coloured core, i then cut a bigger octogen from the reverse of the core'dination to create mats from the same colour as the embossing.  I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment and layered onto a small embossed panel.




Close up showing the embossing and colour better


Items used:  Stampin up Curly Cute sentiment stamps
Memory box stitched octogen dies
Core'dinations chocolate box cardstock
Embossing folders:
Cuttlebug swiss dots
Stampin up 'fancy fan'
Craft concepts 'starry night'
Sizzix swirl 
Spellbinders 'EL-005'
Crafts-too 'tied together'


If you fancy joining in with this fun challenge pop over to Make My Monday

Thank you for stopping by, wishing you a lovely week.  Emma 

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crafty colouring...
Embossing today.
Our Em sure is boss,
That's clear to say!

Ideas she forms
After scratching her brain,
Then card she creates
That's brilliant again!

Though I scratch my head,
Turn ideas all round...
The shape of success
I've rarely found!

Thank you, Emma
For ideas new...
I hope that Easter
Was happy for you!

Happy hugs, Kathleen

Basslady said...

a very cool and stylish, teamie!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Alison59 said...

Great makes :-)

Jean S said...

Really different great stuff Emma, hope your enjoying easter��Jx

Sue - said...

Lovely card Emma!

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A wonderful card

Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Pam said...

Fantastic card Emma.
Pam x

Sian said...

Brilliant card! I love it.

Wendy said...

Fabulous design Emma, gorgeous embossing.
Hugs
Wendy xx

StephW said...

Super card and design, love all the different embossed parts x

ALI said...

Lovely cards, great design and embossing.

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant card Emma....love the design and colours....Joolsx

Betty Bailey said...

Brilliant card and idea Emma.

Diane said...

Really lovely Emma, the design and colors are fabulous.

Hugs Diane

Herbaholic said...

Fab design and interesting cardstock, will keep an eye out for it. I've just discovered sticky back pearlescent paper, so will be playing with that this weekend. Hugs - Debs x

2amscrapper said...

Thanks for the blog comment. Love your card. I keep forgetting about my stash of Core'dinations paper!

FridayFeeling said...

A fantastic design with the embossing & fab colours. A lovely card!

Kirsty said...

Great idea Emma, I have never seen these papers but will have to keep a look out. Fab card. Kirsty.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous cards Emma x